Ways to Use Charlie's Soap Indoor/Outdoor Cleaner for Your Outdoor Cleaning
With summer just around the corner, people are making the most of their outdoor spaces by gardening, painting, redecorating and, of course, cleaning. Here are some of the ways you can use Charlie's Soap Indoor/Outdoor Cleaner to tackle your outdoor cleaning.
How to Clean Home Exteriors
For concrete, asphalt drives and walkways:
- Use Charlie's Soap Indoor/Outdoor concentrate full strength.
- Apply Indoor/Outdoor directly to spots.
- Let it sit for a few minutes. The longer you allow Charlie’s Soap to sit, the better it cleans.
- Agitate with stiff broom brush and rinse or rinse with a pressure washer.
- Repeat if necessary.
For all other exterior surfaces: vinyl, brick, wood, stucco, terracotta, Masonite, aluminum, canvas, patio furniture, gutters, concrete, etc.:
- Dilute Charlie’s Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner 50% with water into a pump-up garden sprayer.
- Spray mixture liberally over all vertical surfaces.
- Allow mixture to sit and release soils: at least 10 minutes. The longer you allow Charlie’s Soap to sit, the better it cleans. Charlie’s Soap may remove oxidized paint.
- Rinse thoroughly using a pressure washer or brush and garden hose.
- Repeat if necessary.
(Not recommended for cleaning asphalt shingles—it cleans away the tar holding the gravel in place).
How to Clean Your Car Inside and Out
Start with the tires, wheels and undercarriage:
- Spray Charlie’s Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner concentrate liberally.
- Let sit. NOTE: Do not apply to hot wheels. Rinse polished aluminum surfaces within 5 minutes.
- Rinse when you finish washing the car.
Move onto the body: Metal, plastic, rubber, vinyl, or canvas.
- Mix ¼ cup of Indoor/Outdoor per 5 gallons of water.
- Sponge or brush on one-quarter of a panel at a time, including windows.
- Allow to sit for around 5 minutes (MAX) and then hose off with water.
- Note: Dirty Indoor/Outdoor mixed with water will continue to clean, but be wary of grit.
- Spray engine compartment (except electric coils) with half-strength Indoor/Outdoor allowing to sit for 5 minutes, and rinse off.
Now, detail the interior: leather and vinyl upholstery and plastic surfaces.
- Apply diluted Charlie’s Soap Kitchen & Bath Household Cleaner to surface conservatively.
- Allow Kitchen & Bath to sit a moment to work its way behind grease and grime.
- Wipe off with a dry towel, or wet chamois.
- NOTE: Not recommended for interior windows.
For spots on fabric upholstery:
- Wet the area
- Spray Indoor/Outdoor once on the spot.
- Let it sit for a few minutes, and then agitate with a stiff brush.
- Add water and extract with a wet/dry vacuum.
How to Clean Your Boat and Boating Accessories
To clean your boat:
- Mix ¼ cup of Charlie’s Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner concentrate per 5 gallons of water in a bucket.
- Sponge or brush on the hull, deck, sails, engine housing, waterproof furniture.
- Allow to sit for around 5 minutes and then scrub and hose off with water.
- Spray engine compartment (except electric coils) with half-strength Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner allowing to sit for 5 minutes, and rinse off.
For light washing and treatment of soft gear:
- To eliminate odours and bacteria, prepare a tub of tap water and add 1 TBSP of Charlie’s Soap Laundry Powder or 1 fl. oz. of Charlie’s Soap Laundry Liquid.
- After the day’s activities, submerge gear in the Charlie’s Soap, working the gear up and down a few strokes. Works great on bathing suits, wet and dry suits, life jackets, shoes, etc…
- Rinse clothes if possible with a hose while hanging.
- Hang dry.
- Use a small amount of disinfectant to kill any remaining germs
- Keep your hard gear clean:
- Prepare 25% dilution of Charlie’s Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner
- Spray on surfaces: boats, paddles, skis, sails, vehicles, trailers, etc…
- Brush at dirt, grease and grime.
- Wipe off or rinse. Hang dry.
Images Courtesy of:
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.