Q: HOW TO . . . clean your boating accessories
For light washing and treatment of soft gear:
- To eliminate odours and bacteria, prepare a tub of tap water and add 1 TBSP of Charlie’s Soap Laundry Powder or 1 fl. oz. of Charlie’s Soap Laundry Liquid.
- After the day’s activities, submerge gear in the Charlie’s Soap, working the gear up and down a few strokes. Works great on bathing suits, wet and dry suits, life jackets, shoes, etc…
- Rinse clothes if possible with water hose while hanging.
- Hang dry.
- Use a small amount of disinfectant to kill any remaining germs
Q: HOW TO . . . clean up while hiking and camping
For cleaning dirty clothing while in the field:
- Put clothes into a large, sturdy, sealable, black plastic bag. Do not overfill.
- Place the bag into a clear stream and allow some water into the bag.
- Add up to 1 TBSP of Charlie’s Soap Laundry Powder or 1 oz. of Charlie’s Soap Laundry Liquid.
- Seal the bag and lay flat in the sun on a flat surface (rock or sand) to warm.
- Walk around on the bag for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the clothes. Rinse them thoroughly in the stream.
- Hang dry. The clothes may pick up a scent from the stream, but your sweat and body odour will be gone.
Q: HOW TO . . . clean up heavy oils and sludge
For fabrics and clothing (including washable filters):
- Use Charlie’s Soap Laundry Pre-Spray and Charlie’s Soap for Laundry.
- Apply Laundry Pre-Spray directly to fabric early on. Rub it into the stains.
- Allow the Pre-Spray to sit on the fabric and penetrate: at least 30 minutes.
- In a washing machine, wash with up to two doses of Charlie’s Soap for Laundry. Dosage depends on washing machine size.
- Repeat if necessary.
Q: HOW TO . . . clean carpets and floors
To spot clean carpets:
- Wet the stain with water.
- Spray Charlie’s Soap Indoor / Outdoor Surface Cleaner concentrate full strength once directly onto the spot.
- Let it sit for a few minutes (the longer the better).
- Agitate with a stiff brush to work up a lather.
Add water and blot up with towel or use a wet/dry vacuum.
- Use 1/2 the amount your carpet cleaning machine calls for when using Charlie's Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner.
- In a 1 gallon Rug Doctor (or similar) rental machine, use ¼ cup Charlie's Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner (max).
- No rinsing required.
All hard surface floors (sealed or unsealed hardwood, tile, linoleum, laminate, etc.):
- Mix a solution of 1 Fl. Oz. of Charlie's Soap Indoor/Outdoor Surface Cleaner per gallon of water in a bucket.
- Spray trouble spots conservatively with full strength Charlie's soap Indoor/Outdoor.
- Mop as normal. No rinsing required.
- Higher dilutions or longer dwell time will safely strip wax from waxed floors.